Facts about fruit
1. A banana is not really a fruit, but an herb.
2. The grapes explode if you put it in the microwave.
3. Coffee beans are not really beans. These are fruit pits.
4. About 71% of the grapes used for wine production, 27% as fresh fruit and 2% for raisins.
5. Pineapples contain an enzyme that promotes the breakdown of fats.
6. Average strawberries contain up to 200 seeds.
7. Apple tree can produce up to 400 apples per year.
8. Avocados and pumpkins are also fruits, not vegetables.
9. Kiwi contains two times more vitamin C than orange.
10. There is an opinion that banana was the first fruit on the planet Earth.
11. A cup of figs contains as much calcium as a cup of milk.
12. Avocado leaves are harmful to animals, and the fruit itself is poisonous to some species of birds
13. Bears love blueberries.
14. Tomato is not a vegetable but a fruit.
15. Strawberries and cashews are the only fruits that has seed outside.
16. Apple floats in water as it has 25% air.
17. Seeds of lychees are poisonous.
18. Avocado is said to be a complete fruit because it contains all the necessary nutrients.
19. The science of fruit-growing is called pomology.
20. To stay awake it better to eat an apple rather than consuming a cup of coffee. The natural sugar in an apple is more potent than the caffeine.
21. Dried fruits contain more calories than fresh ones.
22. Drinking grapefruit juice with some medications can cause death.
23. Because bananas are easily digested and nutritious, they are the first fruits for babies.
24. Pineapples contain an enzyme that promotes the breakdown of fats.
25. You can speed up the ripening of the pineapple by putting it upside down.
26. Oranges contain a large amount of antioxidants that help the body fight free radicals
27. Avocados have the highest fat content than any other fruit.
28. Once a kiwi was known as a Chinese gooseberry.
29. On Earth, more than 200 different types of raspberries and only 2 of them are grown on an industrial scale.
30. Some Japanese farmers grow cubic watermelons for better storage.
31. Cucumbers are a fruit, not a vegetable.
32. Apples, peaches and raspberries are all members of the rose family.
33. In England in 2001 there were more than 300 accidents when people slipped on a banana peel.
34. There are over 7,000 different varieties of apples all over the world.
35. Each person’s DNA is 50% identical to the DNA of bananas.
36. There are trees called “fruit salad tree”, on which from 3 to 7 different fruits can grow on a single tree.
37. One pomegranate can have more than 1000 seeds.
38. Bananas are slightly radioactive.
39. Tea from fresh or dried raspberry leaves helps from a variety of diseases.
40. Pineapple fibers and its leaves are used to make ropes and fabrics
41. Japanese Yubari cantaloupes are the most expensive fruit in the world; two melons once sold at auction for $23,500.
42. Romans believed that lemon was a poisonous fruit.
43. The peel of an apple contains a lot more nutrients than in the pulp.
44. Not all oranges are orange. If the weather is not cold enough, the chlorophyll in the peel does not go off and the fruit remains green.
45. American farmers who grow cherries, hire helicopters to dry trees after rain.
46. Tomatoes have more genes than humans.
47. According to numerous polls of various agencies, mango is the most beloved and the No. 1 fruit in the world.
48. Dried fruits contain more calories than fresh ones.
49. The most fragrant and delicious pineapples are grown in Thailand.
50. Papaya juice is the strongest solvent. They can remove not only very persistent dirt, but even reduce fingerprints.
Facts the breakdown of fats. 6. Average strawberries
Facts about fruit