Drug interactions :Prior considerable fact on the retention of these agents are the impact of antacids and cations. Ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin can expand the serum levels of theophylline by restraining its digestion. The situation is changed with third and fourth generation flouroquinolones which can enhance plasma level of warfarin, caffeine, cyclosporin.
Contraindications: QTc interval may be delayed by Moxifioxacin and different flouroquinolones. For this reasons it ought not be utilized in patients who are inclined to arrhythmias or are under antiarrhythmic medication and are not being effectively checked.
Common side effects:
1. Common side effects of ciprofloxacin are diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
2. Headache, drowsiness and dizziness can also occur.
3. Sometimes ciprofloxacin can cause stomach upset and abdominal pain.
4. Nervousness, anxiety and agitation may be occurred.
5. Sleep problems and rash are also common side effects of ciprofloxacin .